The land on which Beacon Hall stands and the finance for the contruction of the Hall and of the nearby children's play area, were provided for the village of Peasedown St John by the Westbury Homes / Beazer Homes consortium in relation to the construction of over 1000 new homes in the village. The site of the Hall and its surrounding gardens, Beacon Field and car park are currently leased to Peasedown St John Parish Council by Bath & North East Somerset Council.
Peasedown St John Community Association was formed at a public meeting in 1989, when the Association took on responsibility for the design and construction of what is now Beacon Hall (opened December 1995) and of the play area which was completed in February 1996. The Association was originally registered as a Charity in 1991; in June 1999 it became a Company Limited by Guarantee and was re-registered as a Charitable Company.
Until 21st December 2012 the hall was run by Peasedown St John Community Association. From this date Peasedown St John Parish Council manage the hall and Beacon Field.
The Parish Council is located at Beacon Hall and carry all responsibility for the security and key-holding duties, for financial and general management, and for overall care and maintenance of the Hall and grounds.
For more information about the parish councill